Your privacy is important to us at Macro Pakistani. While this post here will not be like our other data backed articles, we will still try to make it as bite-sized as possible, so that you know you can trust us to look after any personal data you choose to share with us. As a digital only platform, data will be key in helping us help you get the best out of Macro Pakistani. However, we will do what we need to do without compromising your privacy in any way.
For some legal clarity, the “controller” of personal information collected through the “Site” is Macro Pakistani Research (SMC-Private) Limited registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan with Corporate Unique Identification No. 0168446.
Please read the following carefully and check back regularly – we will update our policy if we need to reflect any changes and notify you accordingly. If you have any questions about all this privacy stuff, write to us at email@example.com.
Information we may collect about you
When you subscribe, we need a bit of personal information about you to set up your subscription and provide you with our services. For example, we may collect your:
- Email address
- WhatsApp number
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Sign you up to our newsletter subscription and maintain your account with us
- Perform any other obligations arising from your subscription and any contracts entered into between you and us
- Send you articles and periodic news update as and when required
- Contact you with any marketing communications we think you might like
- Notify you about any changes to our services or any updates to our policies
You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
When you contact us, we will collect any information that you choose to share and use it to review, investigate and respond to whatever it is you contact us about.
Information we may collect automatically
At the moment, we do not collect any personal information automatically. We receive analytics from various sources that are typically aggregated and hence anonymous. However, in the future, with the use of technology, we may collect information on:
- Browser type
- Email provider
- Pages you read on our website and how you got to them
- The third party website from which you linked directly to the Site (if applicable)
- The device you used
- your IP address
- your location
We will use this information to provide you with a personalized experience on Macro Pakistani and tailor any communications that we send to you. We do not carry any paid advertising on the platform now so you can rest assured that any information we collect will not result in you being bombarded with adverts that add further noise to your already cluttered newsfeeds.
Macro Pakistani publishes content on social media platforms e.g. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, WhatsApp through both “organic” and “paid” methods, to help us reach current and potential members.
- “Organic” is what we call content from us that appears ‘naturally’ in your feed on a particular platform, without being promoted
- “Paid” is what we call it when we pay the social media platform owners to make sure that our content is featured prominently on your feed. These types of placements are always marked as ‘promoted’ or ‘advertising’, so you know which is which.
We may place one or more social media platform tags on our Site so we can figure out whether or not you are already a subscriber, so that we can use your reading preferences to show you relevant content e.g. no point asking you to subscribe if you are already a subscriber.